Here’s what’s backed up in the blog queue right now. Take a look and let me know what you think would be the most interesting…
1. I’ve just finished reading Geoffrey Stone’s ‘Perilous Times: Free Speech in Wartime‘. Reading this raised three interesting issues for me:
* The role of law in our society;
* The balancing act between building support and freedom to dissent;
* The history of dissent and debate in wartime America.
Each of these ought to be a long and thoughtful blog post and discussion; if I’m lucky I’ll get one post out of it.
2. I never finished my comments on Nick Cohn’s ‘What’s Left‘, and now Johann Hari has his own – which I strongly disagree with – and which is deserving of some comment, which will also give me a chance to extend my comments on Cohn’s book.
3. I was in New York (in a hotel with TV!) and got to watch the Democratic debates. I’m depressed, but still think it’s vital that a Democrat win for a variety of reasons. I probably ought to explain those and try and convince you all…