A friend of TG’s just emailed us an invitation:
“With your help, on Sunday, December 7th, we’ll hold thousands of house parties across the country to screen the new documentary Uncovered: The Whole Truth about the Iraq War. The parties will be brought together through a huge cross-country conference call. At 5:30p PST / 8:30p EST, party attendees will be able to dial in to a call featuring director Robert Greenwald, the MoveOn team, and guests from parties all over the country. You’ll also be able to submit questions for Mr. Greenwald and the team online.
This’ll be fun, but it’s also strategic.
Here’s a little more about Uncovered:
MoveOn.org doesn’t usually sponsor documentary films, but this movie is a really important one. It’s built around interviews with over 20 intelligence and military experts, many of whom are speaking out for the first time. True to the MoveOn ethic, director Robert Greenwald lets the facts speak for themselves. And the results are pretty shocking. Uncovered combines expert interviews with extensive research to go behind the walls of government. Interviewees include:
* Joe Wilson, the former Ambassador to Iraq who exposed that the famous “16 words” in Bush’s State of the Union address about uranium in Niger were false. In retaliation, senior White House officials appear to have blown the cover of Wilson’s wife, an undercover CIA agent.
* John Dean, White House lawyer for President Nixon during the Watergate scandal.
* Rand Beers, former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for combating terrorism.
* David Albright, a physicist, nuclear weapons expert, and former weapons inspector with the IAEA Action team.
* Rt. Hon. Clare Short, the British Member of Parliament who recently resigned her position as Tony Blair’s secretary for international development because Blair did not support a UN coalition to rebuild Iraq.”
Just to whet your appetite, the film’s poster is at: http://action.moveon.org/meet/content/UncoveredArt.pdf So please RSVP by signing up at: http://action.moveon.org/meet/selectmtg.html?event_ids=416″
Think I ought to go? Or should I host my own party?